So there I was this morning up early, showered and ready for the 5 hour trip back to Kampala with my suitcase packed and ready. Riots broke out yesterday in Kampala so I was watching the news this morning to see what was happening but the news was pretty useless. We stopped at the office to join their study meeting and then got in the car to drive the long 5 hour trip to Kampala. Half way there we heard that the road to Entebbe has been closed, 5 buses have been burned and it was too dangerous to continue. So we literally did a U-turn and have come all the way back to Mbarara.
We have spent the last hour drawing massive amounts of money from our personal banks to charter a flight into Entebbe airport so that we can bypass the closed roads and shooting police and rioters so we can get on that flight home tomorrow morning.
I am assured that riots like this haven't happened in the past 5 years so it's just one of those freaks things. The lady collecting wads of cash for our flight to Kampala seems pretty unreliable so lets hope this isn't an indication of the pilot's skills!!!
I hope you are all praying that we make it home safely cos it has been an adventure so far and who knows what could happen next..Pray for peace in Uganda please, I'm quite keen to get home to my hubby :)
No comments:
Post a Comment