Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Buy hospital stocks NOW!

Yes, all three of our avid readers, our fourth reader has landed herself up in hospital again. This time, I received an early morning call from one of our tenants (Charles) advising me that my mom had taken a fall and hit her head and there was quite a lot of bleeding.



After getting ourselves together, Kat and I headed over there to take my mom to the doctor.



Long story short, there was a blood-riddled sexagenarian, blood-soaked floors (you should see the photographs), suspected fractured skull, and a lot of driving around.



The latest is, X-rays and CAT scans have warranted the facial reconstruction surgeon to book my mom in for an overnight stay (I'd suspect this is to monitor her and possibly to avoid any Natasha Richardson'esque subdural haemotoma'esque tragedies, although I'd expect a neurosurgeon to make that call).



At any rate, things will need to be changed for my mom, because there's been an awful lot (and I do mean, awful) of injuries recently and this cannot continue. I'd even quip about the gravity of my mom's tumble, but that irony would fall on deaf ears. The key here is that my mom needs to strike balance in her life to avoid similar tumbles in the future.



Humour aside (if you didn't read between the lines quickly go back and read that last paragraph again), please keep my mom in prayer because she's obviously not doing so well at the moment ...

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that's terrible. Hope your mother recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete