Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Reality Bits :P

Okay so please excuse Bryan's over zealous desire for blog readers....he gets extremely excited whenever a new person is clocked up on our counter...but he really doesn't mean to call you all losers and as is patently obviously, he is in love with the idea of having followers.

So back to reality and the normal mundane news of our lives:
We had a pretty good Easter break, Bryan and I managed to actually cook a leg of lamb all on our ownsome, Bryan sliced up garlic slivers and I poked holes in the lamb and jammed them in. We even got the cooking time right and it came our superb. We thought it would be a great idea to start our own little Good Friday tradition to make it special seeing as it is a really important day in history. So we invited Julian, Janith and Raphael and Steve for dinner (luckily we only invited 6 people cos I don't think I could have manged anything bigger and I only have fancy cutlery for 6 people :P) oooer looks like a face with a double chin!
Anyway, we had a lovely evening, Janith and Raph brought yummy cheese and sweet chilli for starters, Bryan roasted potatoes and I did Woolies roast veggies and Juliand and Steve supplied decadent peppermint pud and gino genelli ice-cream to round it all off. Was a good start to our weekend and was wonderul to bung everything in our dishwasher afterwards. Special mention to the Tilson family for giving us their dishwasher..it has been a dream to have. Hate to say it but we could manage with a maid only once a week now...just not sure how to tell her that the dishwasher has made her less of a neccessity!

I made Easter cake on Saturday and pavlova pudding for Sunday and then we had a bit of a bad patch which doesn't need mentioning of details suffice to say that marriage has its ups and downs and the result was a miserable night that has spurred us on to think of great battle plans for what to do so we are nice to each other even when we are mad with the other person. Easter Day was glorious weather and we had a great time at the beach flat that Mom and Dad, and Bron and Brian had rented on Sheffield beach. I got to do some boogie boarding (I know that is no longer the cool term but I don't know the latest term) and had a good swim. Lunch was delicious..Sarah and Rob Jobling joined us and we had more lamb and of course my meringe pudding (yum!) ...the Easter bunny came at numerous hours during the day (because none of us could combine our Easter bunniness sensibly), this completely befuddled Gracie until she decided she was going to stay at the beach indefinitely till she spotted the bunny even if it took till next year! One hunt for eggs meant mom nearly got her bottom zapped on the electric fence guarding Gracie from stumbling into it heehee...I really love the beach and thoroughly enjoyed the day :) Hopefully Bryan did too even though he ended up building sandcastles with Gracie instead of catching his longed for nap on the beach.

Bryan and I ended Easter at his mom's house hunting for more Easter goodies, having buffalo wings and a good chat till late in the night.

Hmm so that's our Easter weekend pretty much ...sorry this is a rather hurridly written post due to the knowledge that I am neglecting my work while I write. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too...more holidays to look forward to this month wahoo!

DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment