It's now just after 7am. My fingers and thumbs don't even work properly because it's so darned cold. I've been up since 5am because of a prayer meeting at the church to pray for the nation and elections, and for the first time ever, I'm here to vote in the morning. Something Kat said about "you're up anyway".
I'm actually waiting in a queue to vote! I've never had to wait! Usually my complete experience of voting is waste my day away, drive to Atholl Heights, stroll in, make some jokes, get my thumb dotted, mark an X, and walk out (not without saying hello to my father-in-law). This time I'm actually waiting. It's insane. What a waste of my day. I've probably spent more time in this queue (five minutes) than I have in the past two elections.
Some dude is allowed to the front because he's on crutches. I knew I should have faked an injury. I'm trying to, but people are just staring blankly at me. Those blank looks remind me of Jacob Zuma. They must be ANC supporters. I'm surrounded by them. Reminds me of zombies. Mmm... Zombies ... Braaaaiiiiins ... I wonder who zombies would vote for?
This is a waste of my constitutional right to sleep in late on a public holiday. I'm an unhappy member of the voting public. And I thought it was illegal to canvas today - the IEC party is still running around everywhere, and their banners are all over the voting station. That can't be right.
And what's with the kids? How can they be allowed to vote? This is the strangest election I've attended.
No comments:
Post a Comment