Spontaneously, I suggested to Kat that we go and watch a movie at Waterfall Cinemas.
The Fast and the Furious. Reminds me of my rugby-playing days. No, wait, that was more like Dead Man Walking. At any rate, it's not the kind of movie I'd opt to watch, but for some bizarre reason, Kat has opted to follow up on her Marley and Me stint with ... Fast and Furious. Weird, I know - must have something to do with the aliteration or something?
It turned out to be okay! I mean, I didn't expect much, so it felt like a pretty average action movie with a pretty numbing plot. All-in-all, it was a 5/10 for me. I suppose fans of F&F series (this is the 4th instalment) might have had more reason to get excited, but I figure if it weren't for The Vin, it would have been a 3/10 or 4/10. Vin is cool, but he can't save a movie unless he's got cybernetic implants in the eyes...
For those that haven't attended a screening @ Waterfall cinemas, I highly recommend it. It's my favourite spot. I'm not a cinema purist, so a stereo audio feed and scratchy picture don't stress me out. The popcorn is to die for, and it's so NOT pretentious there :)
2 * large popcorns @ 14e
2 * tickets @ 15e
Water @ 4.50
Small slush puppie @ 8
Total = 28+30+12.50 = R70.50 for the both of us! I recommend the cinema, but not the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment