Friday, 29 May 2009

One of those days...

Man. What a day.

Let's see, I think the end of the story is a wonderful way to sum up how this has just been "one of those days"... Our dear tenant left one of the taps running in the flat the entire day, and at about 230pm I received a call from the chiropractor below advising me that water was coming into his section from above. Kind of sums up the day, doesn't it?

What we did today (in no particular order):

* contractors came to work to attend to our faulty LAB doors (four of them, for over two years)
* contractors left without having done anything
* plumbers came to fix my mom's faulty geyser (which had been "fixed" two weeks earlier by them)
* plumbers left my mom's place without repairing the fault in her geyser
* insurance now claimed they couldn't cover the damage because it was a new fault (?)
* Kat found a new plumber to come and repair the geyser (this guy was amazing! Mamba plumbers - Lloyd; highly recommended)
* the security guys came 2 hours early for an appointment at my mom's house so I had to leave work to attend to them at 1030am as opposed to our previously agreed 12pm appointment. Technicians were there to repair the stuff-up the previous technicians had done but blamed on "old wires"
* I again had to tell the security company we were not going to be happy to pay for a fault that wasn't there prior to the first technician (Radebe) showing up
* a dodgy red Honda Ballade ND662164 was spotted driving up and down our road
* security at guard hut up the road said the Honda was a cop car because the occupants had guns and kevlar. Some comfort.
* technicians didn't do anything, but said the alarm was a mess. They left with a promise to "report the problem" to management. Sounds familiar.
* DISCOVERY confirmed I was a member of VITALITY so Kat could migrate on as my dependant and not lose any points next week. This after I first applied May 7'ish, and again a week later, and again a week later after DISCOVERY kept losing my application.
* Kat found out that I was actually only being put on VITALITY in JULY so her points wouldn't be transferred across.
* my new BlackBerry suffers from a "white screen of death" (WSOD) and I can't use it
* I phone VITALITY who tells me I must talk to my HR. My HR says I must talk to VITALITY. Last time I phoned, VITALITY said I must do this or that, but now today's rep says do that or this.
* I phone management. She asks how I got her personal number, but still agrees to help. I'm on VITALITY for June now.
* BlackBerry WSOD again
* Soren comes to my office and has a breakdown which is ended off by him yelling "my [expletive] Friday is over". I calm him down. He then bounces out joyful for the weekend
* my firefox crashes with all my vital windows and tabs going away
* my LAB image for 210 PCs next semester, decides to break while I'm preparing it
* my virtual server gives an access violation and I can't get in
* I come home from work @ 7pm to find the school across the road is having a camp-out this weekend.

But Kat and I have a date night, and Kat is spoiling me rotten (see pictures). Aah, roll on Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment