'Allo LA! The Johnstons have landed! It's now 1am here, having woken up at 7:30am on the DC side. I believe we are now 10 hours behind the rest of South Africa so we are really feeling the disconnect and also the tiredness.
We've checked into La Quinta LAX and immediately Kat's missing our old "luxury" line of hotels, even though this one has breakfast included! I'm too tired to post pictures right now, so I'll do it ASAP. The airports along the way all had free wifi internet which was awesome, as did the planes! This hotel is probably the worst of the lot we've had so far, but it's still not BAD for the price!
LA is a lot warmer than we've been used to, and I'm actually quite sad to be seeing the end of the cold weather, because the snow was a novelty for me! Clint's black jacket has been immeasurably valuable to me, and I owe him big time (Clint; let me know what you want from USA). I have to say so far, I'm least impressed with LA, but again that may just have to do with my reluctance to return to warmer climates because it feels less like we're on holiday now and more like we're migrating back to SA (which I have mixed feelings about, since this holiday has been so awesome).
We did a stop off in Wisconsin / Milwaukee (the cow-tipping county) where it was -5C and there were spans of farmer-types. Quite entertaining :) We've been surroudned by Alabama fans - I think there's some NFL game going down... it's made it a little more entertaining!
Chat later - going to sleep now and off on a 1 hour+ metro excursion to Universal Studios tomorrow (today, rather)!
No comments:
Post a Comment