Saturday, 17 January 2009

We're heeeeeere...

Hello World.

At last, you can all breathe. We're blogging.

After two years, two months, and two weeks, The (new) Johnstons have gone live!

The delay has been both of our faults - BrYan (AKA "Brat[tex]") is too much of a perfectionist and insisted on hosting it ourselves, but never got around to it. Katherine (AKA "KateY") just wasn't ever interested or bothered to set up a blog, so I (Bryan) never had anyone pushing me to get it done.

I suppose the novelty of our wedding and photo's etc. has all worn off about now, but I shall proceed unperturbed. This blog is going to be an account of our lives - our joys, our journeys, our plans, and our trials (based on 2008, how literal will that be this year I wonder). Maybe one day our kids (God willing, ahem) will reflect on their parents lives, maybe one day this will be published in The Memoirs of a Great Couple, a President's biography, or whatever... but if this serves as nothing else but a storage space and a journal for our lives, then so be it. If I'm only talking to myself, note to self - become more interesting.

Okay, that's about it from me - we've settled on blogger.com because our lives are so intricately connected to everything GOOGLE - and now if I could only remember bryanandkatherine@gmail.com's password :)

Kat's on a mission because she's bored stiff - we've decided to follow through on our "newly-wed" plan to have no TV - and after seeing it work so well with Greg & Bronwyn Landwehr (ha! you made it to our blog, and on the first post!) we've had renewed impetus to do it ourselves! Kat's crazily tidying up and getting edgy, so don't expect anything from her on the first post - she's with me in spirit, and she is proof-reading it, but her mind is busy-bee'ing on tidying up our small office (although she claims women can multitask)...

Cheers for now, and again HELLO WORLD!

Bryan & Katherine
(Brat and Kat)

No comments:

Post a Comment