Here we are. Up since 7am Thursday morning, with a 1 hour break at 1230am for a "power nap". We departed at 02h40 and made it to our destination in Cradock at 16h00 or so. That's almost 14 hours on the road. Insane. And that means over 24 hours with only about 1 hour of sleep.
It's now 21h30 on Friday evening, and I'm exhausted. The Chinese food - just the thought of it - makes me want to vomit; my stomach is violently unstable (as is Kat's) and we've been at it non-stop since Thursday 7am, with just a 1 hour reprieve at Friday morning. That means... 36 hours+ with no sleep. I'm hitting burn out. I've been told I won't be able to watch the rugby. I'm feeling sick. I want to go home.
And then I came to Paul and Val's farm (our hosts for the weekend). I got chatting, and soon uncovered an avid rugby fan in Paul, and a fellow superbru'er. Hurrah! Modern bathroom, modern kitchen, and they're bee-keepers, newly weds, and 20-somethings. Insane! I'm in heaven - I think Paul and me, we'll get along just fine :)
No comments:
Post a Comment